Genealogy research in ItalyNovember 25, 2023
Discover Your Roots with ItalianSide Ancestry Tours!November 25, 2023
Italy has declared 2024 to be the year of ‘tourism of the roots’ – travel undertaken by people with Italian roots to visit the places where their ancestors are from.
The name of the national initiative of the Italian Foreign Minister is “ITALEA”.
Ancestry tours in Italy have become increasingly popular as people seek to connect with their roots and explore the places where their ancestors lived. These tours often provide a personalized and immersive experience, combining genealogical research with travel. Here are some steps and tips if you’re interested in taking an ancestry tour in Italy:
- Define Your Goals: Clarify your objectives for the trip. Are you primarily interested in visiting specific ancestral towns, conducting genealogical research, or experiencing the culture of the regions your ancestors came from?
- Research Your Ancestry: Gather as much information as possible about your Italian ancestors before the trip. Note down names, birthplaces, and any other relevant details. This information will be valuable when planning the itinerary and conducting on-site research.
- Genealogical Research: contact ItalianSide local genealogists. We are specialized in Italian research before your trip. We can help you trace your family roots and identify ancestral towns and even the exact house where your ancestors lived or the churches they attended. This information is crucial for planning your itinerary.
- Customized Tours: in cooperation with selected local tour operators, ItalianSide offer customized ancestry tours in Italy. These tours can be tailored to your specific interests and include of course visits to ancestral towns, archives, churches, and other relevant sites tailored on your specific needs and requests.
- Local Guides: Our tours provide knowledgeable local guides who are familiar with the history and culture of the regions you’re visiting. Local guides can enhance your experience by providing insights and context.
- Visit Ancestral Towns: plan visits to the specific towns or villages where your ancestors lived. This can be a powerful and emotional experience as you walk the same streets and visit local landmarks.
- Access to Archives and Records: if you are into genealogy, our tours can include access to local archives, churches, or historical records. This can be an excellent opportunity to find additional information about your ancestors and extend your family tree.
- Cultural Experiences: we include cultural experiences into your itinerary. Explore local cuisine, attend festivals, and immerse yourself in the traditions of the regions you visit. This adds depth to your overall experience.
- Connect with Relatives: with our local experts’ help you can meet living relatives in Italy. Of course consider reaching out to them before your trip. Meeting distant relatives can be a meaningful part of your journey.
- Language Skills: While not always necessary, having some knowledge of Italian can enhance your experience, especially when communicating with locals or conducting research.
- Budget Considerations: Ancestry tours can vary widely in cost. Consider your budget and plan with us what to include in the tour package, such as accommodations, transportation, and guided activities.
- Reviews and Recommendations: take a look to our testimonials page and read reviews from others who have taken our ancestry tours. Recommendations from people who have had positive experiences can be valuable in choosing the right tour for you.
And don’t forget to communicate your specific goals and expectations to ensure that the itinerary aligns with your interests.
Ancestry tours can provide a unique and enriching way to connect with your heritage and explore the roots of your family history.
Ready to start? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org