What A Birth Record Looks Like
Many readers ask us what kind of info are available on the Italian Civil Records.
This is a sample of a birth record issued in Italy during last decades of 1800.
Going back in time the form is different, in the first years of 1800 it was just hand written.
As you can see there are many useful information about our ancestors!
We numbered the main info so it will be easier to read them.
Below we listed the main info available on this kind of document:
(1) Registration Number and Full Name
(2) Date of the Birth Declaration
(3) Name of the Town
(4) Name of the Father (registrant)
(5) Age of the Father
(6) Job of the Father
(7) Day of the Birth
(8) Street where the Family lived
(9) Name of the Mother
(10) Job of the Mother
(11) Given Name of the Baby
(12) Names of the Witnesses
(13) Original Signature of the Father (Registrant)